check_dhcp seems not working

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Jan 15 20:25:24 CET 2009

James Moseley

Christian Iñiguez <challenger_joseph at yahoo.com.mx>  wrote:

>In deed both servers (the dhcp server and nagios server) are in the same
subnet and there is no firewall between them. From the nagios server I run
>check_nrpe!check_dhcp
>
>And in the side of dhcp server I run the command: check_dhcp -s
ip_dhcp_server -t 30

>Actually I'm running other services like check_load, check_procs, etc.
With no problems.

>Just check_dhcp is not working
>
>My dhcp server is a RHEL 5 with dhcp-3.0.5-3.el5

In my previous reply, I told you that what you are trying to do above will
*not* work.  Do not try and check your DHCP server from the Nagios server
using check_nrpe and running check_dhcp on the DHCP server itself.

Run check_dhcp directly from the Nagios server.

James