Antwort: Here Script for Formatting Nagios StatusPage for Mobile Devices

Onotsky, Steve x55328 Steve.Onotsky at broadridge.com
Wed Jan 14 15:19:35 CET 2009

> Well, that would mean you have to allow a DMZ machine to initiate
> connections into your internal LAN - which is a very, very, very bad
> idea...

In most circumstances, yes, but (if I understand the setup correctly) an
organization with a Blackberry Enterprise Server could pass web traffic
from registered devices into the internal network.  From there, internal
firewalls and routes permitting, the BES could enable access to such a
service from "outside".  Not exactly ideal from a pure security
perspective, but it's a damned sight better than a direct DMZ
connection.

I, personally, am intrigued but the idea, and am going to give it a shot
(if I ever get a few spare moments).

Steve Onotsky
Server Support Technologist
Broadridge
Investor Communication Solutions, Canada
5970 Chedworth Way
Mississauga  ON  L5R 4G5
Tel: (905) 507-5328
Fax: (905) 507-5312