Next check time bug?

James Green james.green at mjog.com
Wed Jan 14 11:57:49 CET 2009

Hi,

According to the web interface, the last check of every one of our hosts
and services was done just before 0300 this morning. When I looked at
them individually each had a Next check time of 2009-01-15 00:00:00.

I am baffled.

I have checked the log, it appears the last service checks were in fact
at 00:00:00 this morning, followed by "Auto-save of retention data
completed successfully." repeatedly.

I changed the next check time on one of the services and indeed that
worked, logged the matter, and the next check time is now updating
normally.

We are using 64 bit Ubuntu 8.10 with nagios 3.0.2-1ubuntu1.1. The
platform is Intel Core2 6600 with 2GB RAM.

Does anyone have any pointers on this matter? Clearly this is requiring
me to come up with a "why" and how to prevent it happening again.

Thanks,

James Green