Changing diskspace available from kilobytes to megabytes

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jan 13 02:49:05 CET 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 7:15 PM, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> Hi there --
>
> We currently have several Nagios 2.6, and will eventually deploy
> version 3.0.6 servers running on our network. Currently diskspace
> availability is shown in kilobytes, but I would prefer to have it
> displayed in megabytes.
>
> Is it possible to configure either versions of Nagios to have the
> output in megabytes? If so, what needs to be done in order to
> accomplish this? Thanks

It comes from the check_disk plugin, not nagios. Interestingly, the
default units _are_ megabytes so I think you might have specifically
set it to show KB instead. Take a look at your check_disk command
definition to verify you didn't specify -k and/or make sure you're
using -u or -m properly.

[libexec]$ ./check_disk --help
check_disk v1848 (nagios-plugins 1.4.11)
Copyright (c) 1999 Ethan Galstad <nagios at nagios.org>
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Nagios Plugin Development Team
	<nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

This plugin checks the amount of used disk space on a mounted file
system
and generates an alert if free space is less than one of the threshold
values

Usage: check_disk -w limit -c limit [-W limit] [-K limit] {-p path | -
x device}
[-C] [-E] [-e] [-g group ] [-k] [-l] [-M] [-m] [-R path ] [-r path ]
[-t timeout] [-u unit] [-v] [-X type]

  -h, --help
     Print detailed help screen

[chop chop snip snip ohwhatareliefitis]

  -k, --kilobytes
     Same as '--units kB'
  -m, --megabytes
     Same as '--units MB'
  -u, --units=STRING
     Choose bytes, kB, MB, GB, TB (default: MB)

--
Marc