Change Nagios email 'from' field

ChrisSerafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Mon Jan 12 18:15:47 CET 2009

I have Nagios 3..0.1 running on Ubuntu 8.04 and would like to change the
'from' field when receiving emails. Currently I get one email from
'nagios at ubuntu-nagios' which is not a real email address at all. I would
like to use 'support at xyz.com' so that clients can respond to our support
team with a simple reply-all email. Also, I have multiple emails sent
when one alert goes out and I only see myself as the TO: field, which
means that each alert email is being sent individually and not in one
single email. Is there any way to change that as well? My main concern
is to change the FROM field though....thanks..

Chris Serafin
chris at chrisserafin.com