Elevated alerts

Grant Lowe glowe at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 12 17:55:23 CET 2009

James,

I thought I was trying to make this config as simple as possible.  I'm only monitoring five UNIX boxes right now.  Hopefully going to expand that soon with Nagios :->

The hosts I'm monitoring didn't have any notification options, but they do now.  All six.  This is what I have for the zombie processes:

define service{
host_name                       blarney,frogmore,katz,dunvegan,redfort
hostgroup_name                  solaris-servers
service_description             Check Remote Zombie Processes
check_command                   check_nrpe!check_zombie_procs
max_check_attempts              5
notification_interval           60
check_period                    24x7
notification_options            w,u,c,r,f,s
}

I don't have services disabled or enabled right now in any of the related service definitions (like the one above).  Do I need to explicitly turn them on?  I thought they were already on, considering I'm getting notifications already through email.  Please advise.  Thanks.