passive checks and possible actions in case of stale information

Alessandro Usai alessandro.usai at switch.ch
Mon Jan 12 11:40:15 CET 2009

Hi all,

Reading through the docs about passive checks and the
possible actions in case of stale information, it seems
it is possible to turn on a "freshness" functionality
so that after a certain timeout active checks are used
instead.
In my case this may not necessarily be feasible
as the nodes to monitor are remote ones behind a
firewall: is it possible instead to just trigger (email)
an alarm when the information is found to be stale?
I don't need much more as I can then ping the maintainers
of the remote nodes about a possible problem....

Thanks in advance for any info you may provide

Cheers

Alessandro

--
SWITCH