Nagios 3 Fails to play sound in browser

faris farislinux at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 12:00:30 CET 2009

Dear All,

I was using Nagios 2.x fine and it can play sound files when there is an alert. But nagios 3.x fails to play any sound files in my browser when there is an alert. Also i noticed that nagios 3.x does not comes with relevent wave files and i have enable it in the cgi.cfg file to play files and placed wav files in /usr/local/nagios/share/media/ directory. Still i nagios 3.x fails to play when there is a Alert!

Can anybody help me to fix this sound play issue in my nagios 3.x ?

Your help appreciated !

Thanks !