Monitoring CPU temperature, fan velocity, smart hdd on Windows XP/NT...

Jon Angliss jon at netdork.net
Fri Jan 2 07:21:18 CET 2009

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:24:01 +0100, "44kbps 44kbps" <44kbps at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi people! First of all, sorry for my bad english...
>
>I'm new on nagios3. I follow the instruccions about instalation and
>configuring, and I had no problems.
>
>Now, I monitor a Linux machine and a Windows XP with NSClient++.
>But I have a little limitations with the NSClient++:
>I would like to monitor the CPU temperature, the fan velocity, S.M.A.R.T.
>messages of the HD, and other "hardware" variables.
>Is it possible to do this with NSClient++? I have found no documentation
>about this options on NSClient++'s wiki.
>
>Are there another software for monitoring this variables?

http://trac.nakednuns.org/nscp/wiki/CheckWMIValue

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/default.mspx?mfr=true

You can play around in Microsoft's script center, and find a bunch of
useful goodies.  As NSClient++ can run the WMI calls directly, you can
call them like the example on the wiki.

You should be able to google around for apps that will get you the WMI
queries for all kinds of hardware related stuff, from CPU temp to fans
etc.
--
Jon Angliss