getting warnings for connection refused with check_nrpe instead of critical

Lee Azzarello lee at dropio.com
Thu Feb 26 18:06:12 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Klaus Umbach
<treibholz at sozial-inkompetent.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with unstable lines and/or machines under stress.
>
> Sometimes they just don't reply on nrpe, but are still working, so I get a
> lot of false alarms. Is it possible, to tell check_nrpe to exit with a
> warning instead of critical?

I believe that a state of "socket timeout" will always be flagged as
"critical", though you can increase the max_check_attempts so it won't
throw a notification so soon if you know of false positives.

Of course figuring out the cause of your false positives is probably
the better solution.

-lee