Problems with check_snmp add-on

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.net
Thu Feb 26 17:02:09 CET 2009

Hello,

I am trying to run the check_snmp add-on to retrieve the product name of an Adtran.  I have the community string and the MIBs loaded.  When I run the following command, I get "No data received from host."  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you for your assistance.

[root@ ~ libexec]# snmptranslate -m +ADTRAN-MIB -IR -On adProdName
.1.3.6.1.4.1.664.3.1.1
[root@~  libexec]# ./check_snmp -H <ip address> -C <string read-only> -o .1.3.6.1.4.1.664.3.1.1
SNMP problem - No data received from host
CMD: /usr/local/bin/snmpget -t 1 -r 5 -m '' -v 1 [authpriv] <ip address>  .1.3.6.1.4.1.664.3.1.1

Eric Chatham
Broadvox MIS Department
Phone: (216) 373-4683
Fax: (216) 373-4669
echatham at broadvox.net
[cid:image001.jpg at 01C99801.97FCB4C0]

CONFIDENTIAL. This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.