Scheduling: lot of checks in same time

Emmanuel Vargas Vargas at quanthouse.com
Thu Feb 26 15:29:57 CET 2009

> It is possible to tune Nagios for sending less check in shorter
> interval?
> For example 5 checks each 5 seconds seems to be better that 30
> checks every 30scondes.

The tuning variables are in nagios.cfg and documented there and at http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/configmain.html
, starting with 'Service Inter-Check Delay Method'.

Hello Marc,
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes I'm on it but can't understand which variable can help me to avoid this waves.
Will try to set the service_inter_check_delay_method to 4.00 seconds but not sure it's an optimum value.