View options for hosts and services

Tim Kotterlink t_kotterlink at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 08:26:06 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have got a problem with my Nagios configuration and hope somebody can help me. I have got 2 different users. The first one is admin-account and the second one is view-account. The configuration for the cgi's is no problem and use_authentication is set to 1. That is why I don't have a problem with logging in to the Nagios monitoring and getting access to all the different views in the left box (service detail, host detail, service problems, process info, view config, etc.). It is also no problem for giving one account more or less access in the left box. The problem is specific when I click on the service details or hosts details. The admin-account is configured to be a contact for all of the different hosts and services. The view-account is only configured for a couple of hosts and services. When I now log in with the view-account I still see all the hosts and services, also the ones this account is no contact for. To be more specific.

admin-account
Is contact for Host1, Host2, Host3, Host4 and Host5. And also for Service1, Service2 and Service3.

view-account
Is contact only for Host1 and Service2.

At this moment I want to log in to Nagios. If I do this with the admin-account, I want to see all the hosts and services. If I log in with the view-account I only want to see Host1 and Service2. Can this be arranged???

At this moment I am using Nagios version 3.0.5. In the past I had this working with Nagios version 2.9. Also someone else had this working with Nagios version 3.0.3. So is it possible that this is a bug in version 3.0.5? If it is, where and how can I ask if this can be fixed?

I already have read the documentation and archives of this maillinglist. Unfortunately till now I have found the sollution. Also created a post on a forum: http://forums.meulie.net/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4565&p=15816#p15816

Thanks in advantage.

Kind regards, Tim.

De leukste online filmpjes vind je op MSN Video!
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=nl-nl