Specifying hostgroup in the host?

Tue Feb 24 11:35:57 CET 2009

I am running nagios 3.0.6, and would like to find a better way to manage
my hostgroups.

In Nagios, you usually create a hostgroup by specifying all the relevant
hosts in the hostgroup object. What I would like to do is instead tell
each host object which hostgroup it belongs to. This is so that I don't
have to touch the hostgroup definition when I add new hosts.

Is this possible? Or is there some other way to accomplish the same goal?

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.