Whoops Error for no reason

Sebastian Bachmann mail at reox-design.net
Mon Feb 23 19:59:39 CET 2009

ok,
the problem is solved...
i remembered, that i changed the user for apache some weeks ago. So i
checked the /usr/lib/cgi-bin dir. nagios3 was chowned by www-data and
not by the new user. I tried to chown it to the new user, but i got
still the whoops error. So i greped the nagios config files for any
user settings, but i found nothing.
I startet apache under www-data and chowned cgi-bin/nagios3 back to
www-data and it worked.

Its interesting that it doenst work with another user, even if i chown
the dirs right?!

thanks for the help!

sebastian

Ortner, Gerald schrieb:
> is the nagios process running?
> if not check if nagios.cmd and nagios.pid exists (e.g. /var/run/nagios2/)
> remove both
> try to start the daemon
>
> gerald

Francisco, CA
Enterprise
participation
> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
SFAD