Multiple notifications on Critical state

kmanuel kmanuel at unb.ca
Mon Feb 23 16:45:09 CET 2009

Hi,

I am using passive checks for one of my services in Nagios. Everytime I receive a
certain snmp trap a script submits a process_service_check_result (passive check) for
the service. Everything works fine except when multiple snmp traps are received (and
therefore multiple process_service_check_result's for the same problem are submitted to
Nagios) I receive an alert for each one, even though the initial trap has put the
service in a critical state. The result is that we receive dozens of notification of
the same problem. I have "No-renotification", notification_interval = 0 for this
service.

Does anybody know how to prevent multiple notifications for passive checks when a
service is in a critical state?

Thanks,

Kevin