Nagios deployment planning

Dunn, Larry dunnlg at bettis.gov
Mon Feb 23 12:22:34 CET 2009

Has anyone found any documentation that would help with deployment
planning for a Nagios 3 installation?  I am trying to figure out how big
the virtual server would have to be in order to properly deploy and
manage a large system environment (over 1,000 hosts and probably more
than 5,000 services monitored). It would be good if anyone has at least
the basic understanding of the base system and on a per service check
basis, how much memory is required and how much disk space we would need
to plan for.

Larry G Dunn
Senior Systems Engineer
IM/HPC