Greetings. Anyone using Oracle Grid Control to send alert data into Nagios?

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Sun Feb 22 12:26:48 CET 2009

2009/2/19  <Jim.Melin at co.hennepin.mn.us>:

> I'm looking to have Oracle grid control send alert data into Nagios. Thus far I've only been doing things via NRPE, as it's a fairly small monitoring
> structure.
>
> I was wondering if anyone was interfacing to Oracle grid control, what information you were getting from it and how you were getting that information
> into Nagios. And if anyone is using an event handler in conjunction with this, what sorts of things are you using event handlers for?

Our DBAs have configured Grid Control to send snmp traps to the Nagios
server.  I use snmptt to receive the traps and NagTrap to put them in
a database and display them in Nagios.  My setup is quite simple so
all the traps appear to come from the Grid Control server not from the
server hosting the relevant db.  With a little scripting you can
filter the traps so Nagios will display them against the appropriate
host.

I haven't tried querying Grid Control using SNMP yet, although I
believe it's possible.

Cheers,

Jim