Issue with debugging plugin

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat Feb 21 18:27:27 CET 2009

>Is there any way to see what its actually
>executing and the full return so I can try and figure out what is going on?

Sorry guys, missed the FAQ: http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=162
But I think there is an error and I also have an issue with it. The FAQ suggests

#!/bin/sh
echo `date` >> /tmp/debug_check_http_plugin
echo $*  /tmp/debug_check_http_plugin
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http $*

which I think should have an >> after the first $*, not two spaces.

Also, I am using this with an snmp plugin, and when I setup my service with an
argument of !"Long Phrase with many words" it gets executed properly (I found
my issue) but when the debug check script runs it, the original plugin only
uses the first word when the last line of the script executes? Something to
do with the way in which nagios versus the shell processes the string of cmds?

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!
jlc