New to Nagios - Need help with nagios.cfg

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Thu Feb 19 20:32:19 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 13:09, Chris Beattie <cbeattie at geninfo.com> wrote:

> Allan Clark wrote:
>
>> Aren't those two files the first duplicates?
>>
>> Remove all *~ files -- I assume your editor created these.  Try again
>> after:
>>

> I use gedit to edit my Nagios configuration files, and it's set to make
> backups whose filenames end with a tilde by default.  Nagios ignores them
> since it's looking only for *.cfg, but they do visually pollute the
> directory listing and I tell rsync to exclude them when I copy the config
> files from dev to production.

Indeed, I see it above in the same file (xdata/xodtemplate.c at 978):

                case S_IFREG:
                        x=strlen(dirfile->d_name);
                        if(x<=4 || strcmp(dirfile->d_name+(x-4),".cfg"))
                                break;

Thanks.

In this case, there was a cfg_file and cfg_dir values causing the same file
to be parsed twice, but O.P. is checking another failure now.

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com  "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish
please, no proprietary attachments (http://tinyurl.com/cbgq)