Unhandled Passiv services

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Thu Feb 19 08:32:49 CET 2009

Hi All!

We have Nagios 3.0 with several passiv service with notifications
disabled. I noticed that even when these services are critical and not
yet acknowledge, they do not appear when you select "Unhandled" in the
menu.

<rant>
To me that is a bug because the problem is not handled, ie. not
acknowledged. Period. In my opinion there should not be any hidden
criteria that (for example) if it is passive with notifications disabled
it is ignored. unhandled = unacknowledged.
</rant>

I remember reading someone that you could create a query string adding
various values to "&serviceprops=" in order to get exactly what you
want. However, that is a work around and does not solve the real
problem. Is there some parameter somewhere that tells Nagios to display
*all* of the unhandled services and not just a subset?

A kick in the butt would be appreaciated.

Regards,

Jim Mohr