nagios does not produce performance data for check_total_procs

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 18:54:58 CET 2009

While getting PNP to graph stuff for my Nagios services I get an error
whenever I try to plot the "Total Processes" field.

RRD Database/usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/star23/Total_Processes.rrd not
found.

I checked and that file for performance data indeed seems absent. I do have
the process_perf_data set to 1. Any ideas why Nagios is not producing
performance data for this particular service?

define service{
        hostgroup_name npre-compute-nodes
        service_description Total Processes
        check_command check_nrpe!check_total_procs
        process_perf_data 1
        use srv-pnp-rpn-intermediate
}

--