graphing trends across hosts or services instead of a timeseries

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:27:27 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Lee Azzarello <lee at dropio.com> wrote:

> In Nagios version 3, you click on Reporting->Trends and use the menus
> to generate a picture

Thanks again Lee!

> The limitation is you can only see one picture at a time for a
> particular host or service

That is a drawback. The whole idea is to get a picture across *many* hosts
or services. For a given host my PNP already generates better plots than the
inbuilt Nagios trending suite.

PNP does seem very geared for this. Just not sure how to make it plot a
certain time slice instead of a historic time series!

--
Rahul