Configuring Nagios on Solaris 10 (Sparc)

dermot.malone at bt.com dermot.malone at bt.com
Thu Feb 12 11:32:25 CET 2009

Hi ,

            I'm having firecr bother getting Nagios working as a client
on a T2000 .

Below are the details...

uname -a

SunOS 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T2000

echo $PATH

/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/sfw/bin
:/usr/ccs/bin

I got the nagios plugin that I want compiled i.e

check_users

check_load

check_disk

check_procs

nrpe compiled fine as well...

but it returns nothing when you run the following command...

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /etc/nrpe.cfg -d

dhs0931i-iedrs: svcs -a | grep nrpe

online         Feb_10   svc:/network/nrpe/tcp:default

I added the following entry to /etc/services:

nrpe 5666/tcp # NRPE

I added the following line to the end of /etc/inet/inetd.conf:

nrpe stream tcp nowait nagios /usr/sfw/sbin/tcpd
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /etc/nrpe.cfg -d

The following error appears in my log file

Feb 10 15:46:56 nrpe[18]: [ID 434846 daemon.error] Network server bind
failure (125: Address already in use)

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Dermot