having different "view" in nagios interface

Paul Weaver paul.weaver at bbc.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 13:48:12 CET 2009

> for example i would like to be able to mask the state of some
> less important services.
> a good example is the need of update of server.
> They are pllaneed each week then i would like to keep them on
> nagios to have a full view of what need to be done when it s
> time to do

We have two systems we're still playing with (after 18 months)

One is a separate perl webpage we wrote, which prints the services in a
heigerchial way, and goes red/yellow/green at various points. A Bit like
a check_cluster style plugin. Really critical issues filter to the top,
other issues are dealt with when people have some free time (at least in
theory). It uses a perl Nagios::Statuslog to get the status, which is a
right pig (it takes 4.5 seconds to import the log), but as it sits there
on a plasma automatically refreshing, it doesn't matter too much how
long it takes to display.

For our dev system, we use the following link
/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=all&servicestatustypes=28&hoststatustype
s=3&serviceprops=42&sorttype=1&sortoption=6

Which only displays services that aren't acknowleged or in downtime,
with the most recent at the top.

We have too many users, and they change too often, to have indiviudual
contacts. We use an ntlm module to do IE passthrough authentication with
active directory, and default everyone to the same user, who has
visibility of every host and service.

--
Paul Weaver
Systems Development Engineer