checking for results of external commands

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Tue Feb 10 18:46:40 CET 2009

Hello all,

I know I can use external commands to enable/disable service checks
and host checks - I already use that in scripts.

But is there an external command I can use to check for the result of
the enable/disable command - in other words, can I check the current
state (enabled/disabled) of the service checks and host check for a
certain host? I did not find anything that sounded fitting to me in
the documentation of external commands.

The reason is that it takes some time for the external commands to be
worked upon; at the moment I use "sleep 120" steps in my scripts to
wait for that which is quite ugly.

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Dirk