Nagvis

Simon Finch finchs at stgeorge.com.au
Tue Feb 10 03:18:00 CET 2009

Martyn,

Your config looks good to me, are you sure there is data going into the ndo database ?

Check your nagios.log for:

ndomod: Successfully connected to data sink.  0 queued items to flush.

Rgds - Simon

>>> "Martyn" <martyn at chetnet.co.uk> 10/02/2009 10:32 am >>>

Hi all, I'm' hoping that you have the heart to help me out again on my quest :)
Anyway I'm trying to install Nagvis but hit a small problem.
When I point my Web browser to the map I created I get the following error
backendInstanceNameNotValid: NDOMy: Instance name not valid (Backend ndomy_1)
The given instance name "default" in backend "ndomy_1" is not valid.
This is from my nagvis.ini.php
[backend_ndomy_1]
backendid="ndomy_1"
backendtype="ndomy"
dbhost="localhost"
dbport=3306
dbname="ndo"
dbuser="root"
dbpass="xxxxxxx"
dbprefix="nagios_"
dbinstancename="default"
maxtimewithoutupdate=180
htmlcgi="/nagios/cgi-bin"
This is from my /ndomod.cfg
# INSTANCE NAME
# This option identifies the "name" associated with this particular
# instance of Nagios and is used to seperate data coming from multiple
# instances.  Defaults to 'default' (without quotes).
instance_name=default
Thanks again
Martyn

*** This is an automatically appended message from St. George ITP.  If this email is SPAM please register it with WebSense MailControl by clicking here ( https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/BAQtmRdcL9fTndxI!oX7UhHqCnr9FF1iTwj98efHAPz!2H9YPTQeXTNtkhY1fTAJ7mc2DMSy!7zieLvRJKIvyA== ). ***

*****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other
persons.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately.  Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.  Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
is strictly prohibited.

St George Bank Limited AFSL 240997, Advance Asset Management Limited
AFSL 240902,  St George Life Limited AFSL 240900, ASGARD Capital Management Limited
AFSL 240695 and Securitor Financial Group Limited AFSL 240687 is not liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.