NRPE clutters /var/log/messages

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 06:44:59 CET 2009

My /var/log/messages shows hundreds of entries of this sort:

Feb  6 23:33:00 star256 xinetd[15109]: START: nrpe pid=17610
from=::ffff:11.0.0.100
Feb  6 23:33:01 star256 xinetd[15109]: EXIT: nrpe status=0 pid=17610
duration=1(sec)

Are they just indicative of "normal" nrpe operations? If so, how can I
disable them so as not to clutter my log?

I do have "debug=0"  in  my nrpe.conf. Why still these messages?

--
Rahul