service check without host checks

shadih rahman shadhin71 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 00:44:26 CET 2009

All,
   Is it possible to have a service check without having any host check for
a particular host.   Let me elaborate.  I am trying to use check-host-alive
as a service check.  Also I am passing
check_command = "null"  in the host definition.  However it looks like the
host is doing this twice.  Once for host check and once for service check.
Can someone just clarify on this.  Thanks.

--
Cordially,
Shadhin Rahman