problems with check_openmanage

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 5 17:02:01 CET 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 8:20 AM, Nicole Hähnel wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried check_openmanage today on our dell servers.
> But on every PE2650 and PE1750 I get this error:
>
> ./check_openmanage -s -C bgsro -H xxxxx -e -i --state
> SNMP [processors]: Requested entries are empty or do not exist.
>
> If I run check_openmanage locally on a PE2650, I get this:
>
> ./check_openmanage -e -i --state
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /check_openmanage line
> 2083.
> OK - System: 'poweredge 2650', S/N: 'xxxx', ROM: 'A21 10/05/2006',
> hardware working fine, 1 logical drives, 2 physical drives
>
> The other servers (2850, 2950) work fine.
>
> I'd like to use snmp instead of nrpe.
> Some ideas what's wrong?

I don't use openmanage but I may be able to help point you in the
right direction. The second test succeeds because the script is
running the omreport binary directly. The first fails because it is
trying to get the values from SNMP and the snmpd on the machine
doesn't know about the tree '1.3.6.1.4.1.674...'. Are you running ucd-
snmp on all the machines? Is snmpd.conf the same? A quick google shows
that you can use ucd-snmp to proxy those requests to the openmanage
snmp agent. From  http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/index.php?id=735 --

# Pass requests to Dell OpenManage
proxy -c public localhost:1163 .1.3.6.1.2.1.674

The community 'public' and the ':1163' port may need to be customized
if those are not the openmanage default.

HTH,

--
Marc