Nagios Integration with Google Maps

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Feb 4 16:28:48 CET 2009

On Feb 4, 2009, at 8:16 AM, Traiano Welcome wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'd like to integrate my nagios (version 2.9.x ) statusmap with
> Googlemaps and have my monitored site status appear superimposed at
> GPS
> co-ordinates displayed on a googlemap. I've been investigating the
> GoogleMaps API, as well as looking at a patch for the statusmap.cgi
> provided on nagiosexchange which tries to integrate a googlemap into
> the
> status map, however the patch is too broken and outdated to bother any
> further with:
>
> Is there a more current plugin or method of integrating a Google map
> with Nagios statusmaps?

There's nothing that I've seen but I've been playing around/testing
something separate. Essentially I -
	- pre-geocoded all our locations and stored them in a DB based on
hostname (allows for local lookup and ability to change incorrect
geocodes).
	- Pull status information from the NDOutils database for anything in
Warning or Critical
	- Use the hostname as a key for geocode lookup.
	- Add points to map with some basic information about what's failing
and links to additional resources
	- Add Mesonet weather radar overlay
	- Refresh every 5 minutes.

An example can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/35065201@N02/3252687723/
.

At this point it's just proof-of-concept and an interesting toy. We
don't know if we're going to continue with it at this point but it has
been interesting...

--
Marc