nagios and lm_sensors

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 01:39:27 CET 2009

I just installed the lm_sensors package on my remote machines to get their
temperatures. sensors works OK. I wanted to use check_nrpe and somehow add
the remote machine temps to my nagios webpage.

I found the check_sensors command but that only returns "sensor ok". I
suppose the check_lm_sensors plugin (
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F1289.html;d=1)
is what I need? Are there other users of this?

 I did try compiling it but am running into problems following the
instructions in the INSTALL

/////////////
Cannot determine perl version info from check_lm_sensors.pod
WARNING: INSTALLSITESCRIPT is not a known parameter.
Warning: prerequisite Nagios::Plugin 0 not found.
Warning: prerequisite Nagios::Plugin::Threshold 0 not found.
'INSTALLSITESCRIPT' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
Writing Makefile for check_lm_sensors

Do I need to configure more pre-requisites before I can get this running?

--
Rahul