HP Network Printer

Martyn martyn at chetnet.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 01:10:30 CET 2009

Right it FIXED!!!!!!

Here we go, when I installed the Server version instead of the Desktop
version of Ubuntu I also grabbed the latest Nagios Pluging
"nagios-plugins-1.4.13.tar.gz"  because I thought that may be contributing
to my problem, however I noticed in the log as you rightly suggested I look
that the pluging were not being installed because the relevant snmp libs and
snmp perl libs were not found on Ubuntu, after I was looking around the
directories I noticed that they were there, so I have just reverted back to
nagios-plugins-1.4.11.tar.gz and to my amazement the check_hplj file was
compiled with lots of others too.

Just got to sort out my Cisco Switch now do I can point the check_command to
port 47

Just like to say a massive thanks to those who kept with me, James and Marc
especially.

So I think there may be a bug in nagios-plugins-1.4.13.tar.gz

Cheers

Martyn

  _____

Below are a list of things that failed in the config.log file

ACLOCAL='${SHELL}
/home/martyn/downloads/nagios-plugins-1.4.13/build-aux/missing --run
aclocal-1.9'
ALLOCA=''
ALLOCA_H='alloca.h'
AMDEPBACKSLASH='\'
AMDEP_FALSE='#'
AMDEP_TRUE=''
AMTAR='${SHELL}
/home/martyn/downloads/nagios-plugins-1.4.13/build-aux/missing --run tar'
AR='ar'
ARPA_INET_H=''
AUTOCONF='${SHELL}
/home/martyn/downloads/nagios-plugins-1.4.13/build-aux/missing --run
autoconf'
AUTOHEADER='${SHELL}
/home/martyn/downloads/nagios-plugins-1.4.13/build-aux/missing --run
autoheader'
AUTOMAKE='${SHELL}
/home/martyn/downloads/nagios-plugins-1.4.13/build-aux/missing --run
automake-1.9'

Do you think that has anything to do with it?

Martyn

  _____