When to HUP and when to restart?

Jonathan Call jcall at verio.net
Thu Dec 24 21:56:48 CET 2009

If you’re using the embedded Perl interpreter a restart is probably better since the interpreter leaks memory.

If you have a very large solution (thousands of service checks) a restart will take a considerable amount of time so a HUP would probably be wise in that situation.

Jonathan

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.