Monitoring Wimdows machines

stan stanb at panix.com
Tue Dec 22 16:08:31 CET 2009

We have a fair sized Nagios installation that currently only monitors UNIX
machines, and we want to add some Windows clients, primarily XP. We started
down the road using NSClient++ using the check_nt Nagios plugin, but
haven't been able to communicate with any XP boxes.  The NSClient++ web
page suggests using the NRPE method which has us wondering if the check_nt
method even works.  Has anyone had success with either of these methods and
if so which?  Perhaps there is another tool that someone can recommend.

Thanks in advance,
Stan Brown