conftest errors on configure of source nagios-3.2.0

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Dec 17 18:34:27 CET 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Scott, Ewan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to install nagios3 from source onto a ubuntu server. When running the ./configure statement I get the following error in the config.log. (Other errors for conftest then follow. )
>
> .
> .
> .
> configure:2230: test -s conftest.o
> configure:2233: $? = 0
> configure:2251: result: none needed
> configure:2269: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
> conftest.c:2: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'me
> '
> configure:2275: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | #ifndef __cplusplus
> |   choke me
> | #endif
> configure:2408: checking whether make sets $(MAKE)
> .
> .
> .

Why do you think this is a problem? Looks normal to me. Not everything configure tests will succeed. That's kind of the point of configure; to figure out what it can and can't do and what options/features/programs are available to it on the current system.

Did configure bail or complete successfully? If it bailed, post the output leading up to the bail.

--
Marc