Problem installing MRTG

VIKRAM MS vikramms123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 03:37:03 CET 2009

Hi,

         1) I dont have anything plugged to port 1. So I cannot monitor any
port unless it is plugged to something.

         2) Now I have this trouble while installing MRTG. I followed the
steps given in http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-unix-guide.en.html.
Should I create any of those folders?

[root at localhost bin]# pwd
/usr/local/src/mrtg-2.16.2/bin
[root at localhost bin]# ls
cfgmaker  cfgmaker~  indexmaker  indexmaker~  mrtg  mrtg~  mrtg-traffic-sum
rateup  rateup.o
[root at localhost bin]# cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /home/httpd/mrtg' --global
'Options[_]: bits,growright' --output /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg
xyz at 12.345.67.890
ERROR: creating /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg: No such file or directory
[root at localhost bin]#

Thanks
Viki