Monitoring Telesync Switches is possible?

Jayson Broughton jbroughton at truecos.com
Mon Dec 14 17:06:11 CET 2009

ReynierPM,
We have alot of 12-24port Allied Telesyn switch's, but all of them are
un-managed switches.  If the switch you have is 'managed' (you can log
into an ip address, or get snmp information from the switch) then nagios
can monitor it with snmp.  But in my experience, I have been unable to
monitor un-managed switch's. I guess a workaround would be to monitor
the port of a managed switch that the allied telesyn is plugged into for
status (up/down).

Jayson

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 09:43 -0500, ReynierPM wrote:
> Hi every:
> As the subject said: it's possible to monitoring a Allied Telesync
> switches? I have almost 3 of them in my infraestructure and need to be
> monitored but don't know how to do this. Any help?

The information in this electronic mail message and any attached files is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message and contact the sender immediately.  Access to this message by anyone other than its intended recipient is unauthorized.  You must not use or disseminate this information as it is proprietary property of the True companies.  Communications on or through the True companies' computer systems may be monitored or recorded to secure effective system operation and for other lawful purposes.  Thank you.