Unable to log in to Nagios

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at Kognitio.com
Fri Dec 11 13:12:16 CET 2009

Chris,

The file name the error is referring to is htpasswd.users

[Fri Dec 11 13:20:09 2009] [error] [client 192.168.2.102] (2)No such file or
directory: Could not open password file:
/usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users

But your directory listing shows

-rwxrwxrwx 1 nagios nagios    26 Dec 11 12:52 htpassword.users

Rename the file to htpasswd.users and that may resolve it!

Regards,
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Blake [mailto:chris.blake at tauspace.com]
Sent: 11 December 2009 11:57
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Unable to log in to Nagios

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Martin Melin <mmelin at gmail.com> wrote:
> From the quickstart:
>
> "5) Configure the Web Interface
>
> [...]
>
> Create a nagiosadmin account for logging into the Nagios web
> interface. Remember the password you assign to this account - you'll
> need it later.
>
> htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin
>
> [...]"
>
> Your htpasswd file probably either does not contain what you think it
> does, or is not where it should be. Try re-creating it and using a
> very simple password.
>
> Regards,
> Martin Melin

Hi again,

I followed a bunch of instructions relating to configuring Apache
directives and setting things in nagios.conf, and I`m still not able
to log in.

I am really confused now, when I tail the logs for Apache I get this
when trying to log in :

[Fri Dec 11 13:20:09 2009] [error] [client 192.168.2.102] (2)No such
file or directory: Could not open password file:
/usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
[Fri Dec 11 13:20:09 2009] [error] [client 192.168.2.102] access to
/nagios/ failed, reason: verification of user id 'nagiosadmin' not
configured

I have the following permissions set up :

[root at zabbix etc]# pwd
/usr/local/nagios/etc
[root at zabbix etc]# ls -l
total 88
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nagios nagios 11408 Dec 11 13:16 cgi.cfg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nagios nagios    26 Dec 11 12:52 htpassword.users
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nagios nagios 43776 Dec 11 10:36 nagios.cfg
drwxrwxr-x 2 nagios nagios  4096 Dec 11 10:36 objects
-rw-rw---- 1 nagios nagios  1340 Dec 11 10:36 resource.cfg
[root at zabbix etc]#

Can someone please help me, I have gone through a few articles and I
am obviously missing something as to why I cannot log in

Thank you.

--
Regards

Chris Blake
TAU SPACE
Operations Manag

any issue.

Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
Whilst Kognitio Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions.

Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.

Kognitio Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number 0212 7833. Registered Office:  3a Waterside Park, Cookham Road, Bracknell, Berks, RG12 1RB. VAT number 864 4378 92.

Kognitio Inc, a company incorporated in Delaware, principal office 180 North Stetson, Suite 3500, Chicago, IL 60601, USA