check_snmp with regular expression

shadih rahman shadhin71 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:18:45 CET 2009

List,
   I am trying to use check_snmp plugin with the following regular
expression and I am getting an error, can someone point out what am I doing
wrong.  Thanks

/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_snmp -H hostname -C community -o
.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6.0 -r "^*.some string*$"

Could Not Compile Regular Expressioncheck_snmp: Could not parse arguments

--
Cordially,
Shadhin Rahman