? on Notification of threshold being exceeded

Steve_Fiedler at PepBoys.com Steve_Fiedler at PepBoys.com
Tue Dec 8 23:43:58 CET 2009

Hello All,

Is it possible to set up a check for nagios where an admin is notified
when a threshold value has been exceeded in a specific time frame?

For example, send me a notification when a check_ping has failed 20 times
during the past hour for a server but only send me the notification 1 time
for that hour time frame.

We get 100's or 1000s of emails from Tivoli for alerts and want to somehow
keep track of the alerts but only send out the notification when deemed
critical.  Thought Nagios could do it better than Tivoli. :)

Hope I explained that correctly,

Thanks,
Steve
Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is confidential and only for the use of the intended addressee(s).  If you have received this communication in error, any disclosure or use of such information is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies.  Thank you.