check_ssh and check_ping not working with NRPE on remote host

ReynierPM rperezm at uci.cu
Tue Dec 8 18:41:05 CET 2009

Greg Pangrazio wrote:
> I use commands similar to what you are doing, did you enable command
> processing from remote submissions?

What you mean with "command processing remote submissions"? I can't
understand this part.

> In the windows version it says something about "don't blame me"

I don't know what you mean with "windows version" but I found this line:

# COMMAND ARGUMENT PROCESSING
# This option determines whether or not the NRPE daemon will allow clients
# to specify arguments to commands that are executed.  This option only
works
# if the daemon was configured with the --enable-command-args configure
script
# option.
#
# *** ENABLING THIS OPTION IS A SECURITY RISK! ***
# Read the SECURITY file for information on some of the security
implications
# of enabling this variable.
#
# Values: 0=do not allow arguments, 1=allow command arguments

dont_blame_nrpe=0

So if I enable thi, which are the main security risks?
--
Cheers
ReynierPM