Nagios is logging "Service Check Timed Out" for certain service

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Dec 2 03:03:02 CET 2009

Hello Jim

Uh, I'm afraid the problem isn't solved yet.

First of all , my explanation wasn't enough.

The sequence of the syslog checking was the following:

1. Scan through the syslog file (Active Check)
2. If any error exist, transfer to passive service in Nagios (Passive Check)

So I have defined 2 services in Nagios , 1 Active service check and 1 Passive service check.

However the problem was above 1 wasn't executed from Nagios.

Yu Watanabe

Jim Avery さんは書きました: