Is there such thing as automatic passive service check?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Aug 31 16:51:52 CEST 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 2:17 AM, Yu Watanabe wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> We are using Nagios v 3.0.6 and experiecned a strange situation.
> The services which we have deactivated the active check had been
> changed to OK status , service output as "OK".
>
> Does nagios automatically update the Pending status services and
> change it to OK stauts?

Maybe? heh. My *speculation* is that on start/re-start, if you have
'initial_state o' specified in the service definition and retention
isn't enabled (or there is no retained status for this service), then
yes, nagios would set the first state to be 'OK'. That's new
functionality with 3.x and I haven't looked at it any to be sure thats
the case but it seems reasonable.

--
Marc