Host depend on another host's service?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 27 23:19:17 CEST 2009

I'm monitoring a network with Nagios, and I monitor router interface
status via SNMP with a service check.  Is there a way I can make the
remote hosts depend on the state of the local interface service check?

Specifically, I have a channelized DS3 in router-A with a bunch of T1s
to various places.  I monitor the state of the ch-DS3, monitor the state
of the T1s (with a service dependency on the ch-DS3), and then I monitor
a remote router-B.  I can set router-B host have a parent of router-A,
but that only depends on router-A being up.  Is there a way I can make
router-B depend on the status of a service on router-A?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>