Odd problem with services listing

Joe Hartley joe.hartley at retailsolutions.com
Thu Aug 27 19:30:47 CEST 2009

I've got a problem with listing services that's driving me nuts.  I
noticed this in my Nagios 3.0.3 installation, and it's persisted after
upgrading to 3.2.0.  This is on a CentOS 5.3 machine.

If I try to show all the services for all my servers, or all the
services for a particular hostgroup, there's a break in the listing that
always happens in the same place, and a number of services don't get
displayed.  I'm expecting to see a list like this:

Host                       Service
Status ...

Server1                Win CPU Load                    OK

                                Win Disk Space C:             OK

                                Win Memory Load           OK

Server2                Win CPU Load                    OK

                                Win Disk Space C:             OK

                                Win Memory Load           OK

Server3                Win CPU Load                    OK

                                Win Disk Space C:             OK

                                Win Memory Load           OK

                                HTTP
OK

Server4                Win CPU Load                    OK

                                Win Disk Space C:             OK

                                Win Memory Load           OK

Server5                Win CPU Load                    OK

                                Win Disk Space C:             OK

                                Win Memory Load           OK

What I end up with is this:

Host                       Service
Status ...

Server1                Win CPU Load                    OK

                                Win Disk Space C:             OK

                                Win Memory Load           OK

                                Win Memory Load           OK  <--- From
Server3

                                HTTP
OK  <--- From Server3

Server4                Win CPU Load                    OK

                                Win Disk Space C:             OK  <---
>From Server5

                                Win Memory Load           OK  <--- From
Server5

This break is consistently in the same place whether I'm showing
services for all hosts or services for one particular hostgroup.  In
terms of sorting,  the alphabetical list of servers does not change
based on whether I'm displaying this hostgroup or all services; that is,
the full list has servers before this place in the list, but not in the
missing servers and their services.

I can go into each server and list the services correctly, and if I
display the host group grid, I see everything that I'm supposed to.
I've pored over my config files but can't see any problems, and of
course Nagios thinks the files are OK because it starts fine.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

--

Joe Hartley | Sr. Linux SysAdmin
Retail Solutions, Inc.

+1 401.824.5040 (o) | +1 401.824.5002 (f)