ACK url inside problem notification message

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Aug 26 21:55:13 CEST 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Eric Pearce wrote:

> I did some searching, but I only found people talking about ack'ing
> via email reply.  I'd like to have the problem email or SMS message
> contain a URL that I can click on to ack the problem.  The idea is
> that everything is self-contained and you don't have to leave your
> email client or SMS message display to ack the problem.    Has
> someone implemented this?    I'm currently using Nagios 3.0.6 on
> CentOS 5.3.

It's easy to do this unless you have some unusual requirement. You can
include any URL you want in the notifications; just edit the
notification command. For example, to include a link to the
Acknowledgement screen change your notification command to add "http://your.nagios.host/cgi-bin/cmd.cgi?cmd_typ=34&host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$
". For example --

define command {
     command_name                   service-notify-by-email
     command_line                   /bin/echo -e "Subject: Service
$SERVICEDESC$ $SERVICESTATE$ alert for $HOSTNAME$!\n\n***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$
\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nInfo: $SERVICEOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n
\nAcknowledged by: $SERVICEACKAUTHOR$\nAcknowledgement:
$SERVICEACKCOMMENT$\n" | /bin/mail -s '** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert -
$HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **' $CONTACTEMAIL$
     }

becomes

$SERVICEACKCOMMENT$\nAcknowledgment URL:http://your.nagios.host/cgi-bin/cmd.cgi?cmd_typ=34&host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$

--