Configuring OCP Daemon

Yungwei Chen yungwei at resolvity.com
Wed Aug 26 01:03:06 CEST 2009

Hi,
                I'm interested in using OCP Daemon to improve performance of sending check results from one nagios process to another.
                My question is : which file shoud I store the following settings? Thanks.

# OCP daemon required configuration.
# Files to which Nagios will write data. In this setup
# they will be named pipes.
host_perfdata_file=/var/nagios/host-perfdata.fifo
service_perfdata_file=/var/nagios/service-perfdata.fifo

# This is exactly what will be sent to send_NSCA. Do not change it.
host_perfdata_file_template=$HOSTNAME$\t$HOSTSTATEID$\t$HOSTOUTPUT$|$HOSTPERFDATA$
service_perfdata_file_template=$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICESTATEID$\t$SERVICEOUTPUT$|$SERVICEPERFDATA$

# If using Nagios 2, use the 'w' mode
host_perfdata_file_mode=p
service_perfdata_file_mode=p

# We don't want to process any command, so set this to 0
host_perfdata_file_processing_interval=0
service_perfdata_file_processing_interval=0