<wrta> not set

Bruce Thayre bruce at mipscomputation.com
Mon Aug 24 20:52:32 CEST 2009

Hello,
I have a question that i'm assuming has a quick answer.  I've defined a
command as:

define command{
    command_name    check-site
    command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $ARG1 -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100%
-p 5 -t 10
    }

which i use to just ping different sites via my services.cfg.  So in my
services.cfg i have entries that look like:

define service{
    use                        generic-service
    display_name            check_helpdesk
    host_name                rails_playground
    service_description        check helpdesk
    check_command            check-site!helpdesk_url.com
    contacts                nagiosadmin
}

Now everything checks out, however when i open up my service page within
nagios, i see all my check-sites have unknown statuses stating:
<wrta> was not set

Looking at the check_ping plugin it states that <wrta> is set with the -w
option, and looking at my check-site command above, you can see that i hard
code <wrta>, so i don't understand why it is not working.  Trying that
command above on the command line as such:

./check_ping helpdesk_url.com -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 5 -t 10
PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 54.82
ms|rta=54.820000ms;3000.000000;5000.000000;0.000000 pl=0%;80;100;0

So the syntax should work, i just can't figure out what part i have wrong
that's causing nagios to freak out.  Any help would be great?