check_tcp: Port must be a positive integer

K Ramanujan KRamanujan at JohnDeere.com
Mon Aug 24 08:52:54 CEST 2009

Hi

I have configure nagios on redhat 4

Nagios version- 3.0.5

Pluging version-1.4-12
NRPE -2.12

We have print server configure on windows 2003 ... as TCP Print Server. When ever I am firing check_tcp command thorough command line it is giving the output. When I am adding on command definition it is giving error that port must be positive integer.

My definition is
Command definition  is

define command{
        command_name    check_tcp
        command_line    $USER1$/check_tcp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p  $ARG1$ $ARG2$

        }

Service definition is

define service{
        use                     generic-service
        hostgroup_name          windows-servers
        service_description    TCP Print Server
        check_command           check_tcp! Xxx (port)

Please guide...

Thanks & Regards,
Ramanujan